1. Computing

Jennifer Kyrnin

Poll: What is your favorite color?

By March 15, 2007

Color is a large part of Web design, whether it's in the images you use, the font colors or the color scheme of the entire layout.
check yes
Image courtesy yarranz from StockXchng #426123.
I've found that the favorite color(s) of a designer can come into play into what designs they like and prefer to build. So I thought I'd find out what the favorite colors are out there.

What is your favorite color?

As usual, there are other possible answers, if your answer isn't here, let us know what it is.

View Results

Comments
March 15, 2007 at 2:18 pm
(1) uhhhhhh says:

uhhhhh what?
once you find out peoples favorite colors then what?

March 15, 2007 at 3:10 pm
(2) Jennifer Kyrnin says:

step 1: discover your favorite colors

step 2: TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Mwuhahahahahahahahaha!

March 15, 2007 at 5:46 pm
(3) Nadine says:

I like the rainbow.

*dances*

March 15, 2007 at 7:54 pm
(4) Jason Champion says:

I believe I heard somewhere that blue is one of the best colors to use for websites because of how easy it is on they eyes… especially for business sites.

March 15, 2007 at 11:48 pm
(5) Jan says:

I have never met a color I didn’t like.

March 16, 2007 at 12:34 am
(6) Rajesh Tiwari says:

we can not make any web page or graphic through Favourite color poll results. Survey results always not 100% sure. Color schemes always according to project type. What type of project we are working.

March 16, 2007 at 8:52 am
(7) K-Tran says:

Designer’s favourite colour can come in handy when designing a site. But it’s ussually the combination of the colour scheme to make the site appealing. Site’s with poor colour combination can really make the appearance of the site unprofessional.

March 16, 2007 at 10:07 am
(8) Dwight says:

Well I like a cool color. Blues or greens. My current website uses a Teal. I wonder if the color scheme has a big influence. Hot colors like red-yellow might indicate danger, excitement, etc. Cool colors for calming sites. Of course is this a cultural bias or physiological?

March 16, 2007 at 12:09 pm
(9) Jennifer Kyrnin says:

Rajesh: The purpose of the poll was not to say you must then always use the color that is most popular. The polls on this site are done for fun. The polls aren’t scientific in any way.

I ask the questions I ask to spur conversation or just because I’m curious (or both). Use the results however you want or don’t use them at all.

March 16, 2007 at 3:03 pm
(10) rose says:

soft luminous gray/blue

March 16, 2007 at 4:31 pm
(11) Rudi says:

Blue, but not navy blue, not royal blue, not baby blue, but this blue: #006699

March 20, 2007 at 5:51 am
(12) Peggy says:

My favorites are burgundy and navy blue but anything BOLD and SASSY works for me.

P.S. Jennifer, thanks for a great column and help in staying up to date without being overwhelmed. Your articles are timely and often cover areas of interest that I don’t have time to delve into. I am a huge fan!

March 20, 2007 at 6:55 am
(13) Mirko says:

I remember Walter Gropius(quoted in a book about Bauhaus)as saying ,as a young boy “Welche Farbe?BUNT,natuerlich!”In English it does not sound so interesting…”multicolored”
is definitely NOT BUNT.
By the way,Jennifer,the lessons are fine,only at 78 going 79 is not so useful,but I still like them,very much.Keep up the good work.Your fan,Mickey(nickname) from the Godforsaken country_Serbia.

March 20, 2007 at 9:37 am
(14) Pat says:

I don’t particularly favour one color, just what suits my mood and the need, but of more importance is the chroma. Any color can be made to look good or bad with the right hue. Take for example this site, the colors are easy-on-the-eyes and simple, but imagine the same site with everything in a bright neon – it would drill a whole right to the back of the brain.

March 20, 2007 at 9:41 am
(15) Robert says:

Black background with small hints of red or white……

Like Bob Ross used to say ” Dark to show the light”

PS: Jennifer thank you for so much good read… I can’t wait to see the next article after reading each one….. Keeps me entranced to the very end…. Your like a well written Stephen King book. Just can’t get enough!

March 20, 2007 at 9:46 am
(16) TC says:

Like with anything else, color on a web page depends on what you are trying to convey….the color chosen should support your market message, so to speak.

March 20, 2007 at 11:09 am
(17) Lara says:

I like to be different – I call this look, passionate simplicity, so for my business site, it’s mostly white and black, with touches of red. Of course, I change things around on my own sites more so than I do for clients sometimes… LOL I’m also partial to the colors of beach glass… soft blues, purples, and greens. Non web speaking? My favorite color is by far, purple.

March 20, 2007 at 2:07 pm
(18) ______ says:

what about PINK?

May 7, 2008 at 7:42 am
(19) sanane says:

ıt is lıght blue and light pink

December 6, 2008 at 2:50 pm
(20) susan says:

Personally, the pastels of pink, like mauve, are the best for my personality, but on my website, I like the colors of nature for my horse art…but ALL colors are great!!

February 13, 2009 at 6:32 am
(21) sohbet says:

June 27, 2009 at 12:18 pm
(22) Ladyblue17 says:

What about turquoise!?!

May 31, 2010 at 7:31 am
(23) sohbet odaları says:

thankx post good

March 15, 2011 at 2:54 pm
(24) blake says:

that graph needs work

March 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm
(25) Jennifer Kyrnin says:

Yes, it’s too bad I couldn’t set the colors on the poll results to correspond to the colors I named.