The common log format (CLF) does not include details on the referrer or the user-agent (Web browser) that was used to visit your pages. But it's easy to convert the logging format to the combined log format and get this information.
Time Required: 1 minute
- Login to your Web server.
- Edit the httpd.conf file with a text editor.
- Find the line that reads:
CustomLog logs/access_log common
- Put a pound-sign (#) at the beginning of that line to comment it out.
- Add a new line below it that reads:
CustomLog logs/access_log combined
- Save the file.
- Restart the Web server.
What You Need
- Apache Web Server