The first thing you need to do is decide where you are going to put your pages. Many ISPs offer free web space for their users, and that is often the simplest option. However, if you don't want to use your ISP, or they do not offer web page space, there are many hosting options available, from free to expensive, with lots of different features.
My web Hosting profiles can help you to choose the provider that is right for you.
Once you know where you're going to upload your files, you need to find out the following information:
- your username
- your password
- the "host name" (this is the machine you will be connecting to to upload your files)
- your URL or web page address
Once you have this information, you can use it to upload your web pages and images to the website.
- Connect to the Internet
- Open up an FTP client: Best FTP Clients for Windows and Best FTP Clients for Macintosh
- Put in the host name of your website
- Put in your username
- Put in your password
- Connect to the site
- Highlight the files you would like on your website and click on the option to transfer them to your website
Don't forget to transfer images and other multimedia files that are associated with your website.