Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) is a great way to display documents that need to be printed, but might be too complex for a web page. Learn how easy it is to include a PDF file on your site.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Create your PDF file using Adobe Acrobat or other PDF printer.
- Upload your PDF file to your hosting server. If you have a lot of PDF files, it's best to keep them in a separate directory from your HTML files.
- Link to your PDF file as you would any other file:
<a href="acrobat_file.pdf">pdf file</a>
- It's a good idea (although not required) to link to the Acrobat Reader Web site http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
- Use Acrobat files for documents you don't want people to be able to edit.
What You Need