It's really easy to build your first Web page. There are only a few HTML tags you need to learn.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Open a text editor to a blank page.
- Write the html tag
- Write the head of your document
- Write your title
<title> Put your title here </title>
- Close the head of your document
- Open the body of your document
- Give your page a heading
<h1> heading goes here </h1>
- Write your page contents
- Separate paragraphs with the p tag
- Close the body of your page
- Close the html
- Save the file as file.html
- Open the file.html file in your Web browser.
- Use any text editor to write your page.
- Write your HTML tags in lowercase - this conforms to the current standard.
- Review the page in your browser off your hard drive before uploading it to your server.
What You Need
- HTML editor -or-
- Text editor