When you’re creating a web page, it's easy to forget how your page will look to people using different resolutions. But if you know how to change the resolution, you can switch back and forth. This quick tutorial will teach you how to switch resolutions on your Windows computer quickly and easily.
- Minimize all current open windows. The easiest way is to hold down the Windows key and hit “M”.
- Right click on the desktop of your computer, and click on “Properties”.
- Click on the “Settings” tab of the properties window.
- Under “Screen Area”, change the resolution to the setting you would like to test.
- Click the “Apply” button. You may be asked to restart your computer.
- When you're done, go back to the “Settings” and switch your resolution back to your preferred size.
- While some would say that having the highest resolution you can comfortably read is the best, this is not true. Your monitor has an optimum or “native” resolution where it performs best. You should find out what that is and set your monitor to that resolution.
- Some older versions of Windows require that you reboot your computer before the resolution will be applied.
What You Need
- Windows 9x