The Bottom Line
A great CSS reference manual with clear descriptions and illustrations. If you only buy one book on CSS - this should be the one you buy.
- Comprehensive - covering all CSS properties
- Clear layout - styles well grouped
- Wonderful reference section
- Little information on CSS2
- Positioning only briefly covered
- Complete coverage of how CSS relates to HTML and how to use CSS with Web pages.
- Covers colors, fonts, text properties, boxes and borders.
- Strong reference materials including CSS in action and Web browser support.
Guide Review - Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide
There are many books on Cascading Style Sheets available, with lots of things to offer. But this book is a good all-around reference book. Keep in mind that it's not like the O'Reilly "in a nutshell" books - it's meant to be more than just a basic reference on CSS. But since it's laid out the way that you work with the properties, it's easy to use and reference information about a property as you're working.