The Bottom Line
This book, written by the author of Perl, has everything you need to konw about the language.
- Very comprehensive guide to Perl
- Covers all the elements of Perl
- Great for intermediate+ programmers
- Definitely not for beginners
- Covers all the primary functions of Perl.
- In-depth discussion of Perl programming.
- Clear explanations of how to use Perl effectively.
- Assistance in learning the language in depth.
Guide Review - Programming Perl by Larry Wall et al
Written by the creator of Perl, this book is a comprehensive guide on how to use Perl effectively. If you are already proficient in another programming language and want to learn Perl and be challenged, then this is the perfect book to buy. It covers all the primary elements of Perl, including functions, modules, and regular expressions. This book is also useful for the intermediate Perl writer who is still not confident in the knowledge of all Perl has to offer. As the authors say, '[You are] allowed to have differing skill levels... and to put the language to good use before [you] know the whole language', and this book takes that to heart.