Whether you just want to put your class homework or participate in the discussions about HTML, you can't participate if you don't know how to post.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Click on the "Forums" link in the navigation of any About Web Design/HTML page.
- Login using your About member name and password. If you don't have a member name, you will need to sign up in order to post messages.
- Once you are on the "Web Design/HTML Forum" front page, in the left column is a button labeled "Start Reading". Click on it.
- At the top of the list of messages on the left is a link that says "Start New Discussion". This will take you to the post editing menu.
- First select a folder to post your message in. For XHTML 101 class work, post it in the HTML class folder. Otherwise, find a folder that fits what you're going to post about.
- Give your post a descriptive title. NOTE: if you are posting for the class - it's better to give a subject that explains your question, rather than simply saying "lesson 1".
- Unless you have a specific reason to address your message to someone in particular, leave the "To" message set to the default "All". Do not address class posts only to the Web Design/HTML Guide.
- Type in your message in the large box.
- Click "Post".
- Your message will be posted in about 5 minutes or so.