Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to turn off the underlines on links.
Time Required: 2 minutes
- Write your link:
- Add the style tag:
- Set the text-decoration to none:
text-decoration : none;
- Close the style tag and the anchor:
- Write the link text and close the link:
- Your final link should look like this:
<a href="" style="text-decoration:none;">this link has no underline</a>
- Remember that anchors that are not underlined are hard for people to use. They don't always realize that the text is a link, even if their mouse changes or the color changes.
What You Need
- HTML Editor -or-
- Text Editor