Graphics are a great way to add interest and vitality to Web pages. It's easy to add new images to Web pages with Dreamweaver.
Time Required: 1 minute
- Place your cursor where you want the image.
- In the Insert window, click on the image icon.
- Browse to the file you want and double click to add it to your page.
- In the properties window, add descriptive alt text in the Alt drop-down menu.
- You can insert GIF, JPG, or PNG files onto Web pages.
- If you want the image to be a different size, you should resize it using Photoshop or another graphics editor.
- Try to keep your graphics under 12K in size. Too large graphics will take a long time to download and will drive people from your site.
- Animated graphics are nice, but they can get really annoying. Also, many ads use animations, so your animations may look like advertisements.
What You Need
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX