Frames are a popular way to make navigation easier to maintain on a Web site. Dreamweaver makes it easy to create a framed Web page.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Open Dreamweaver and select New from the File menu.
- In the general tab, choose Framesets.
- Review the framesets available and choose the one that is closest to the design you have in mind, and click Create.
- Before doing anything, save the frameset - this is the file name of the page your customers will go to.
- Click in the first frame and begin building the page as you would like.
- Save the frame, then click in the second frame.
- Continue until your entire framed page is complete.
- Edit the noframes page by choosing Frameset then Edit Noframes Content from the Modify menu.
- Always include a noframes page on your framed page. This will help you with search engines as well as accessibility.
- Make sure to consider your use of frames very closely. Frames can be difficult to use and cause problems for readers.
What You Need
- Macromedia Dreamweaver