Image maps are images with "hot spots" that are clickable and take your readers to other Web pages. Dreamweaver MX has a built-in image map creation tool to make it easy to create image maps for your Web pages.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Add an image to your Web page.
- Click on the image to highlight it.
- From the properties menu, click on one of the three hotspot drawing tools - rectangle, circle, or polygon.
- Draw the shape you want on your image.
- In the properties window for the hotspot, type in or browse to the page that hotspot should link to.
- Continue adding hotspots until your map is complete.
- Click on the arrow icon to edit other properties of the image.
- Preview your image map in a browser to make sure it works correctly.
- Set up different alt text depending upon where your readers are, by adding alt text to the hotspots.
What You Need
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MX