When adding text to Dreamweaver, it's often easier to just type directly than to write content in another tool and copy and paste. When you need to add special characters like © and ® it's easy in Dreamweaver. There's an entire menu just for these HTML codes and special characters.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Open Dreamweaver and open the Web page that needs special characters.
- If it's not open, open the Insert window, by clicking on Window then Insert.
- Click on the Characters tab.
- Some common characters are listed on the characters tab, but if it's not there, click on the "other characters" icon.
- Choose the character you want to insert, and click on the icon.
- If you want to insert an HTML code not shown on the icons, type it in in the "Insert:" box. Be sure to include the & at the front and the ; at the end.
- If you set the encoding to something other than charset=iso-8859-1, other codes may not work correctly.
What You Need: