The Bottom Line
If you have access to a CGI directory, and want to be able to manage your site from any web browser, this tool is very powerful. However, this version is not available for purchase or download. The newest version, AdminPro 3 is announced as coming in 4Q 2012.
- All you need to administer a website
- Easy to set up and configure
- Works from a web browser
- Must have CGI access to set up
- May require updates to web server
- Security is questionable
- Navigate through your entire website directory from a web browser.
- Upload, download, rename, and delete files and directories.
- Open, edit and save remote text files online.
- Test CGIs from the command line, before they are made public.
- Change the permissions of files and directories.
- Allow only the IPs you want to grant access to.
- 10 day free trial.
Guide Review - AdminPro - Web Administration Tool
AdminPro is a very powerful CGI program to grant you access to administer the files and folders of a website. I found it very easy to install and configure to work with my system. I had to make a couple of minor changes to my server configuration to get it to work correctly, but I suspect that most people won't have that issue. My biggest concern is the security. It is set up as a Perl script, without taint checking. The primary security is through IP blocking. If you are on an approved IP you can use the tool, but this is turned off by default. It is up to the customer to put a password on the directory or otherwise secure it. However, these faults aside, this is a great piece of software. It makes website administration easy.
AdminPro is Not Available
AdminPro version 1 is no longer available for purchase or download. This is a review of the first version of AdminPro. AdminPro 3 is announced as coming out in 4Q 2012.
Last updated: November 26, 2012.