The Bottom Line
- highly customizable
- strong help files
- inserts HTML in all-caps by default
- uses non-standard Windows save directory
- minimal color coding
- Powerful text editor with multiple modes for use with all your text editing projects.
- Search and replace across multiple documents.
- Use regular expressions and get counts of all the changes.
- Additional clip libraries available.
- Or you can make your own for a more custom editor that suits your needs.
Guide Review - NoteTab Pro 4.86
If you don’t have a lot of money to spend on an HTML editor, then NoteTab Pro might be just what you need. It incorporates power and speed into a really reasonably priced package. You get all the same features as the more expensive editors, plus some interesting additions like:
- “Remind Me” ‒ a clip that will remind you of events that you might otherwise miss as you work on your site
- “Paste Clips” ‒ use this clip to store information that you send over and over. If you answer your Webmaster mailbox, you might want to put your FAQ answers in this clip.
- “Smilies” ‒ you can add smilies to your text, and now you can also figure out what they mean, for example: |-O = “yawning”
NoteTab Pro is also highly customizable. It's easy to create your own clips for use on standard templates on your site, or whatever you need. Many of the About Guides use NoteTab Pro, and for the price, I recommend it, too.
Review last updated: February 26, 2011