Clearing your cache is a good place to start when your web page isn’t displaying a change you just made. By clearing the cache, you ensure that your browser is going back to the web server to request the page, rather than just serving you what it has cached.
Keep in mind that clearing your browser cache is only one place your web pages may be cached. The web server may be caching pages and your whole site might be using a caching system like Akamai. But if you know that you uploaded your page to the correct location and it’s not showing up in your browser, clearing your cache can help.
- Click the “Tools” menu bar.
- Choose “Internet Options.”
- On the “General” tab, click “Clear History.”
- When it asks “Delete all items in your History folder?” and click “OK.”
- Click “OK” again.
- When you upload a changes to a page and they don’t display in your browser, first try clearing the cache to make it show up correctly.
What You Need
- Internet Explorer