Streaming media is an easy way to add sound and video to your website. And you don't need any special server set up to stream sound and video.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Open a text editor to a new HTML document.
- Create your Real media sound or video file.
- Save the file as a
- Upload the media file to your website.
- Make a note of the location of the media file as a full URL, for example:
- Upload both the .ram file and the HTML document.
- On your Web page, point to that media file the same as you would point any other link, for example
<a href="sound.ram">click here for a sound file</a>. This is a link to my introduction.
- As long as your web server has the correct MIME types set for RAM files, your media file will stream from the website.
- The RAM file is a pointer to the actual media file.
- If you are planning on streaming many files at once, it is a good idea to invest in a streaming media server. It serves the files faster, and won't overload your website.
- Use any digital video or sound editor to create your media.