The same way we created a separate text file for the HTML, you will create a text file for the CSS. If you need visuals for this process please see the first tutorial. Here are the steps to create your CSS style sheet in Notepad:
- Choose File > New in Notepad to get an empty window
- Save the file as CSS by clicking File < Save As...
- Navigate to the my_website folder on your hard drive
- Change the "Save As Type:" to "All Files"
- Name your file "styles.css" (leave off the quotes) and click Save