The extension manager is a standalone program that works with Dreamweaver to help you manage your extensions. The extension manager will help you install and remove extensions, turn them on and turn them off. Plus it works with Flash and Fireworks to manage their extensions as well.
- Open the Extension Manager by going to the "Commands" menu and choosing "Manage Extensions...".
- If you haven't already, download the extension or extensions you want to install.
- Make sure that Dreamweaver is displayed in the drop-down menu (the Extension Manager handles extensions for several programs).
- Go to the "File" menu and choose "Install extension". This will open a standard file selector box. Browse to the file you downloaded and click "Install".
- Read the disclaimer. Make sure that there are no unexpected requirements for use of the extension. Then click "Accept".
- Click "OK" and close and restart Dreamweaver.
- You can skip all these steps and install the extension by double clicking on it after you download.
- When you install a lot of extensions, this can cause Dreamweaver to slow down. Be sure to disable extensions you don't need.
- Make sure to look at the versions of Dreamweaver that the extension is for. While some older extensions will work in the most recent versions of Dreamweaver, some will not.
What You Need