A new window will open asking you to browse to the style sheet file you want to attach. If your Web page is part of a Dreamweaver Web site you will want to move the style sheet you select into the site. Dreamweaver will prompt you to do so when you attach the style sheet.
You can choose to attach your external style sheet as a linked style sheet or imported. Modern browsers all support both methods, but linking your style sheet is more common.
The default media type is "all", but if this style sheet is only for specific media, you can define that in this dialog.
When you've browsed to the style sheet you want to attach, click "OK".
- The Dreamweaver Styles Pane
- How to Attach an External Style Sheet
- The Attach External Style Sheet Dialog Box
- How to Add a New Style Rule
- The New CSS Rule Dialog Box
- Font Styles
- Background Styles
- Block Styles
- Box Styles
- Border Styles
- List Styles
- Positioning Styles
- Extension Styles
- View Your Styles in the Dreamweaver Style Pane