NetBeans IDE is a Java IDE that can help you build robust web applications. Like most IDEs it has a steep learning curve because they don’t often work in the same way that web editors do. But once you get used to it you’ll be hooked. One nice feature is the version control included in the IDE which is really useful for people working in large development environments. If you write Java and web pages this is a great tool.
Target Market(s): Web Developers
- Operating System: Windows, Macintosh, Linux
- Publisher: NetBeans
- Price: $0.0
- Type of Editor: IDE
Web Designers: 37.7%
Web Developers: 52.2%
Small Businesses: 21.7%
- Profile Last Edited: February 20, 2014
NetBeans Latest Review
- Has a Java focus, which is useful for applet developers
- Works with both JSON and jQuery
- No WYSIWYG or preview
- No wizards or other assistance for beginning web developers
NetBeans Tutorials and other Resources
- Netbeans Overview: What Is Netbeans?
- Getting Started With Netbeans
- Simple Debugging With NetBeans
- NetBeans Community Acceptance Testing program (NetCAT)
- NetBeans Community Bug Fixing program (NetFIX)
This product was reviewed using information found on their website. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.