SeaMonkey is a Mozilla project all-in-one Internet application suite. It includes a web browser, email and newsgroup client, Instant Messaging IRC chat client, and composer—the web page editor. One of the nice things about using SeaMonkey is that you have the browser built-in already so testing is a breeze. Plus it's a free WYSIWYG editor with embedded FTP to publish your web pages. I don't like that it doesn't have HTML5 or CSS3 support, and you can't change the doctype, even for new pages. But it is a free WYSIWYG editor, which there aren't many of.
Target Market(s): Newcomers to Web Editing, and possibly Children
- Operating System: Windows, Macintosh, or Linux
- Publisher: Mozilla
- Price: Free
- Type of Editor: WYSIWYG
- Score: 16.5%
- Profile Last Edited: October 18, 2013
SeaMonkey Latest Reviews
And here are some customer reviews of SeaMonkey:
- Free WYSIWYG editor
- Built-in browser and email client
- Cannot change the DTD, so you can't write HTML5
- Only publishes by FTP, no other protocols
- Tries to change your default web browser and email client when installing
- Not a lot of extra features
SeaMonkey is a free web editor and all-in-one internet application suite. It is a community driven project managed by the Mozilla Foundation.
This product was reviewed using the free version of the software and information found on their website. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.