About Microsoft WebMatrix
Microsoft WebMatrix is a free HTML editor and web development tool. It is installed using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI) and helps you create dynamic and interesting websites with open source tools. It is an HTML editor, so you need to know some HTML, but it is designed to help you add more advanced functionality like webblogs, content management systems, and ecommerce.
This is a great platform if you want to use open source technology to build Windows 8 applications and web pages. There are a bunch of templates. One of the things I really like is how it installs the technology you want to use onto your site for you. I'm not sure if it will do this on a non-Azure site, but if you don't mind hosting on Azure, this can make it very easy for you. And it's a great tool to help you learn new technologies like Node.js, ASP.Net, PHP and more.
Target Market(s): Professional Web Developers
- Operating System: Windows
- Publisher: Microsoft
- Price: $0.00
- Type of Editor: Text Editor
Web Designers: 53.2%
Web Developers: 63.7%
Small Businesses: 48.6%
- Profile Last Edited: February 21, 2014
Microsoft WebMatrix Latest Reviews
- Easy to install open source applications (like WordPress, Joomla! and others) on your website
- Mobile support with jQuery Mobile and mobile emulation
- Support for top web languages like ASP, PHP, Node.js, and more
- Community support adds more extensions for features that might be missing
- No WYSIWYG editor
- I had difficulty getting it to install to my own server
Get Microsoft WebMatrix
This product was reviewed using information found on their website. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.