It's easy to use Microsoft FrontPage to create a link to a non-HTML file so that your readers can download that file. Link to Zip files, PDF files, even images.
- Upload the file you want people to download to your Web server.
- Write down or copy/paste the URL pointing to the file.
- Open your Web page in FrontPage.
- Type "download this file".
- Highlight that phrase, and right-click on it.
- Choose "hyperlink".
- In the "Address" box, type in the full URL of the file for download.
- Save your Web page.
- Upload the page to your Web server.
- Test that the download link works.
- You can link to any file you want, but remember that some will open in the browser window rather than downloading.
- Images and other Web pages cannot be downloaded automatically.
- If the Web server has MIME types set correctly, some files will offer your readers a choice - to open the file or download it.
What You Need
- Microsoft FrontPage