Microsoft FrontPage is designed to work with servers with FrontPage extensions. This means that setting up your Web to upload to a non-Windows Web server can be challenging. This article explains the steps to take to set up your Webs to transfer via FTP when you hit "Publish Web".
- Collect the following information:
- Your hosting server's FTP address
- Your username
- Your password
- Go to the File menu and click "Publish Web". If you've set up other publishing schemes, click "Change".
- Enter your hosting server's FTP address, starting with ftp://, in the "Enter publish destination" box, and click "OK".
- Enter your username and password and click "OK".
- Click on "Options" and verify that everything there is correct. Then click "OK".
- If you're ready to publish your site right now, click "Publish".
What You Need
- A Web Hosting Provider