Microsoft FrontPage writes HTML as standard HTML unless you make some changes to the page and the code. But it's very easy to convert an HTML document to XHTML using FrontPage.
- Open the page you want to convert in FrontPage.
- Switch to the HTML view window.
- Right click in the HTML and choose "Apply XML Formatting Rules".
- Position your mouse at the top of the screen - above the tag.
- Insert a valid XHTML doctype:
- In the tag, add the XML namespace and language code:
- Now, as long as you periodically apply the XML formatting rules (step 3), your document should be well-formed XHTML.
- It's a good idea to use XHTML to keep your Web pages standards compliant.
What You Need