Building a mailto form can be a little tricky with FrontPage because FrontPage assumes that you'll be using FrontPage extensions. But with only 10 steps, you can create a mailto form with FrontPage. Once you understand how, you'll be surprised how easy it is.
- Create the form.
- In Page view: go to the Insert menu, choose Form (you may have to expand the drop-down to see it), and then click Form.
- Add the form fields.
- Go to the Insert menu, chose Form, and then click on the fields you want to add to your form.
- Set the form properties.
- Right click in the form and choose Form properties...
- Click on "Send to other", leave the drop-down as "Custom ISAPI, NSAPI, CGI, or ASP Script"
- Click on Options, and type in the following:
Encoding type: text/plain
- Click OK and save the file.
- Upload it to your Web server and test.
- It's very important to set the encoding type to "text/plain" otherwise you'll get strange results.
- Remember that mailto forms are dependant upon the Web browser your customer uses, the email client, and the operating system. They don't always work.
What You Need