Use graphics to create visual pages. Homesite makes it easy to add images to your Web pages.
- Place your cursor where you want the image.
- Click on the "image" icon in the common toolbar.
- Click on the "file" icon and choose the image you want to add to your page.
- Write alternative text in the "alt text" box. This is text that appears when your mouse hovers over the image.
- Click OK.
- You can insert GIF, JPG, or PNG files onto Web pages.
- If you want the image to be a different size, you should resize it using Photoshop or another graphics editor.
- Try to keep your graphics under 12K in size. Too large graphics will take a long time to download and will drive people from your site.
- Animated graphics are nice, but they can get really annoying. Also, many ads use animations, so your animations may look like advertisements.
What You Need