In order to add a Google map to your site, you need to get a Google Maps API key for that site. This allows you to embed the maps into your web pages, and provides you with the terms and services for using the API key.
Some things you should know before you sign up for an API key:
- You must have a Google Account to get an API key. And that API key will be attached to your account.
- There is no limit to the pageviews you may generate using the Maps API.
- The Maps API does not currently contain advertising, but if they change that you will receive 90 days notice via Google announcment lists.
- Your service must be freely accessible to end users.
- You may not alter or obscure the logos or attribution on the map.
Additional information is available on the signup page.