This is a complimentary SEO report for Clawdylawdy Records. The recommendations in this report are based on my present knowledge of the search engine industry. There is no guarantee that by implementing any or all of the suggestions found here that the page will improve in search engine rankings for the specified keyword phrases.
- Submitted by: David
- Page Title: "Clawdylawdy Records | Home"
- URL: http://www.clawdylawdy.dreamhosters.com/index.php?/building_series/index/
- Main Headline:
- Keyword phrase(s) to optimize for: vinyl record store
Basic SEO Checks:
Basic elements of SEO to fix.
- Is the keyword phrase good?
The only thing I wonder is if people who want records are more likely to search for just "record store" than specifically "vinyl record store".
- Where is the keyword phrase found?
not found; With a keyword density of: 0%
Advanced SEO Checks:
- How many links are there to the page?
I would start with pages that list record stores, and then move to sites that discuss vinyl records. It's important to get related sites to link to your site with the keyword phrase you're trying to optimize for.
- When was the page last modified?
Pages that are modified with significant content changes do well in search engines, but constant little changes can hurt your ranking.
- Does the page validate?
CSS - yes
It's important to write pages with valid HTML as that's easier for search engines to read. And when your pages are accessible, that means that the search engine spiders can read them as well.
Elements of SEO that can hurt your rank.
- Hidden content in
- URLs that are difficult to read
Parameters - yes
Having parameters can make it difficult to get indexed well, as search engines look at the URL without the parameters. So while you might get your home page indexed, any other page (loaded with changed parameters) might not get indexed and could affect the ranking of your home page.
- Spammer tricks (that could get you banned)
Other SEO Thoughts:
The first thing I would do is get the keyword phrase onto the page. Preferably in the title and headlines. I would add in some HTML headlines (H1, H2, H3, etc) and get the keyword phrase listed there. I would also get rid of the quotation marks in the meta title. Any punctuation in that title can confuse the spiders.
More SEO Resources - Continue to Optimize the Page:
- 95 SEO Tips and Tricks for Powerful Search Engine Optimization
- Getting People to Link to You - Link Love, How to (and How Not to) Get It
- Your Layout Can Impact your SEO
- Frames and Search Engines
- How can you tell if a site is a link farm?
- Cloaking: What is Cloaking? Why Should You Not Cloak a Web Site?
Make Changes then Check Your Ranking
SEO is more of an art than a science. The suggestions provided in this free SEO report are not guaranteed to get you number one placement in any search engine. However, by focusing on good keyword phrases and following the suggestions in this report, you should see an improvement in ranking within a few weeks to months. If you don't, you should continue to work on the page or adjust your keyword phrase.