This is a complimentary SEO report for RedLaceDesign.com. The recommendations in this report are based on my present knowledge of the search engine industry. There is no guarantee that by implementing any or all of the suggestions found here that the page will improve in search engine rankings for the specified keyword phrases.
- Submitted by: Lacey Johnston
- Page Title: RedLaceDesign.com: Website Design, Graphic Design + Wedding Design: Portland, OR
- URL: http://www.redlacedesign.com/
- Main Headline:
- Keyword phrase(s) to optimize for: Oregon Website Design
Basic SEO Checks:
Basic elements of SEO to fix.
- Is the keyword phrase good?
This isn't a bad keyword phrase, but it's not a great one either. People search more for \"web design\" than they do for \"website design\". Plus, with the spelling issue (is website one word or two?) you get more people with web as a separate word.
- Where is the keyword phrase found?
; With a keyword density of: 0%
Advanced SEO Checks:
- How many links are there to the page?
Two of the links are from the site itself. It's important to get related sites to link to your site with the keyword phrase you're trying to optimize for.
- When was the page last modified?
November 3, 2008
Pages that are modified with significant content changes do well in search engines, but constant little changes can hurt your ranking.
- Does the page validate?
CSS - yes
In order to get good optimization, the search engine spiders must be able to read your site. And the best way to make your site readable is to have valid HTML and an accessible site.
Elements of SEO that can hurt your rank.
- Hidden content in
- URLs that are difficult to read
- Spammer tricks (that could get you banned)
Other SEO Thoughts:
Tables make pages very hard to optimize, because you can't place the most important content first. I would redesign the site with CSS for layout, instead of tables. I would then focus on getting the keyword phrase in as many locations as possible on the page. Including: the meta title, h1, h2, and h3 headlines, the first paragraph at least twice, other paragraphs, emphasized on the page, in image alt text, in the URL, and in link text on the page.
More SEO Resources - Continue to Optimize the Page:
- 95 SEO Tips and Tricks for Powerful Search Engine Optimization
- Getting People to Link to You - Link Love, How to (and How Not to) Get It
- Your Layout Can Impact your SEO
- Frames and Search Engines
- How can you tell if a site is a link farm?
- Cloaking: What is Cloaking? Why Should You Not Cloak a Web Site?
Make Changes then Check Your Ranking
SEO is more of an art than a science. The suggestions provided in this free SEO report are not guaranteed to get you number one placement in any search engine. However, by focusing on good keyword phrases and following the suggestions in this report, you should see an improvement in ranking within a few weeks to months. If you don't, you should continue to work on the page or adjust your keyword phrase.