This is a complimentary SEO report for See Jane Heal. The recommendations in this report are based on my present knowledge of the search engine industry. There is no guarantee that by implementing any or all of the suggestions found here that the page will improve in search engine rankings for the specified keyword phrases.
- Submitted by: Shandon
- Page Title: See Jane Heal: A Diary of One Woman's Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment, and Recovery | icyou | The source for health videos
- URL: http://www.icyou.com/events/see-jane-heal-diary-one-womans-breast-cancer-diagnosis-treatment-and-recovery-0
- Main Headline: See Jane Heal: A Diary of One Woman's Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment, and Recovery
- Keyword phrase(s) to optimize for: breast cancer
Basic SEO Checks:
Basic elements of SEO to fix.
- Is the keyword phrase good?
This is a good keyword phrase because it's popular, but it's going to be very hard if not impossible to knock out the well known sites that already rank in the top 10 for this phrase.
- Where is the keyword phrase found?
Title, H1 headline, First paragraph, URL, Link anchor text; With a keyword density of: 7.12%
Advanced SEO Checks:
- How many links are there to the page?
The only link to this page is from another on the same site. I would focus on getting the word out about this site to other breast cancer websites. It's important to get related sites to link to your site with the keyword phrase you're trying to optimize for.
- When was the page last modified?
Pages that are modified with significant content changes do well in search engines, but constant little changes can hurt your ranking.
- Does the page validate?
Page does not have valid HTML, CSS, or accessibility. Accessibility and valid HTML are especially important for search engine spiders to read the page.
Elements of SEO that can hurt your rank.
- Hidden content in
- URLs that are difficult to read
- Spammer tricks (that could get you banned)
Other SEO Thoughts:
The right column is messed up in my view making it hard to read. While this won't affect how the search engines see the page, it may make people less eager to link to it.
More SEO Resources - Continue to Optimize the Page:
- 95 SEO Tips and Tricks for Powerful Search Engine Optimization
- Getting People to Link to You - Link Love, How to (and How Not to) Get It
- Your Layout Can Impact your SEO
- Frames and Search Engines
- How can you tell if a site is a link farm?
- Cloaking: What is Cloaking? Why Should You Not Cloak a Web Site?
Make Changes then Check Your Ranking
SEO is more of an art than a science. The suggestions provided in this free SEO report are not guaranteed to get you number one placement in any search engine. However, by focusing on good keyword phrases and following the suggestions in this report, you should see an improvement in ranking within a few weeks to months. If you don't, you should continue to work on the page or adjust your keyword phrase.