The Bottom Line
- Secure connection to your server
- Very easy to use
- More than just FTP - browser, editor, and file storage too
- Create bookmarks of the servers you connect to all the time.
- Connect using secure FTP or standard.
- Save files to your iPhone and view or edit them.
- Edit HTML, upload it, and then view your edits in the built-in browser.
- Change permissions of files on Unix servers.
- Text editor handles UTF-8 and other encodings.
- Use your phone as a Web or FTP server itself and transfer files directly to it.
- Password protect FTP on the Go to secure your sensitive sites.
- Upload photos right from your phone.
- View non-text files like images or documents.
Guide Review - FTP on the Go
This is a must-have app for Web designers with an iPhone or iPod touch. With this app you can work on your Web pages anywhere you have your iPhone. I wrote this entire review in the built-in text editor. I transferred the template to my iPod using the Web server. Then I edited the file in the text editor. Finally, I uploaded the file to About.com. I did all this in just one app - FTP on the Go.
Some people might be put off by the price, but this app does the job of at least four separate apps that would each sell for $4 or more:
- FTP client
- Text editor
- Web browser
- File server
When you think of it that way, FTP on the Go is a great deal. I love this app. I wish the text editor had spell check, but perhaps that's too much to ask of an FTP client.