The Bottom Line
- The price is cheap.
- They offer almost everything including Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP
- They have a good assortment of Fantastico installations
- Their uptime is generally good
- Their tech support understands very little other than very basic PHP
- They don't notify customers when making changes to their services
- They have no understanding of what customer support means
- System performance can be slow at times
- Price: $1-$10 per month
- Type of Provider: Standard Web Hosting
- Operating System: Linux
- Server Software: PHP, Database, Perl, Ruby, SSI, Streaming media, SSL, SSH, Blogs
- Analytics / Statistics: Yes
Guide Review - HostMonster.com - Web Hosting Customer Review
Description - Services Provided
They make random changes to their Web services without notifying their customers resulting site breaks. Then, it's up to the customer to figure out what is wrong.
If you have a very basic site (HTML only) they offer adequate service for a good price. Anything beyond that, and their random changes make for a very unreliable site.
This review was not written by the About.com Guide to Web Design/HTML. Please remember that reviews are the opinion of the reviewer only, if you have a different opinion of the service please feel free to submit your own review.