Bluehost Web Hosting
* Low monthly price
* Discounts when paying for annual or 2 year terms
* Bluehost's File Mgr had a 'glitch' and erased our whole public_html folder. Bluehost had no backups!
* Even though we've been with them for 3 years and paid for Backups, there were no backups of our acct
* Bluehost revised its Backup policy, even though we pre-paid for these features, no backups anymore
* Contacting support is a long process of ticket system replies that take days to get answers.
* Low page load speeds, sites going down for unknown reasons, and general lack of support
Bluehost is an inexpensive, shared hosting platform company. They offer hosting for less than $8/mo. But you get what you pay for.. sometimes less.
I would HIGHLY recommended anyone looking at Bluehost to do their due diligence and read some current reviews. They used to be AWESOME!,.. now, they are overloading their servers and pulling features.. not a good sign!
This review was written on December 3, 2008.
How long did you use Bluehost?1-5 years
Features of Bluehost