What is the most important thing about your Web hosting provider? What could they do or not do that would make you quit? Do you want fast response time, quality tech support, lots of space, no bandwidth limits?
To clarify, reviews of specific Web hosts won't be posted on this page. If you want to review your Web hosting provider, please fill out the form here: Review Your Web Hosting CompanyShare Your Thoughts
worst web host customer service
- by far the worst customer service in a web host is HOSTPAPA I have spent days just trying to change a password and they have been no help at all not their phone or online chat support. I am closing my account with them.
- —Guest marinam
- I chose my host company due to locale and word-of-mouth, and have been happy ever since. Support your community!
Tools to manage my products
- I would vote for having a great panel or set of tools to easily manage my products like hosting,e-mail,renewal or domains etc.As we keep on adding various domains,it can become too difficult to handle all such products.
- —Guest DChauhan
web hosts and you the customer
- This is exactly why I began my own web hosting company to serve my area. Too many web hosts and not enough local presence in the community interacting with businesses. As a web hosting provider you get to know your clients after they sign up but making that connection with them is lasting. We are all customers to someone for anything and we all deserve the best for our money. Those are my foundations And principles and what my hosting company stands for. One bad review is one too many.
- —Guest HoganKuntzHosting
They must be there for me.
- I work all hours of the day and I need to be able to contact in person my hosting company 24 seven. I do not want to wait for an answer to email, I want to be able to pick up the phone and call and get answers. That to me is the most important aspect of a web hosting provider.
- —Guest Egile
The 4 Keys for a GREAT Web Host
- 1) Bandwidth - I'm sure everybody agrees with me here, and most hosts offer an acceptable level. Those who provide more, this is a great plus, but likely you'll need to pay for this. ..... 2) Webspace - This is related specificly to what your demands are. How much room do you need? How large will your website be? WIll you want to host several domains? ..... 3) Support - For some, especially those who are new to web hosting, this could be key 1. And support types vary for all providers. Some may have 1-800 phone support, while others supply only email ticket service. In my experience with web design, I've used all of these, but prefer the ticket system, provided that replys aren't longer than 2 hours. Best of all, is the chat systems, especially if they offer 24-7-365 immediate online service. But if they don't have it available when you're seeking assistance, this will revert to an email reply, my second best choice. ..... 4) Control Panel - some of these can be a real time consumer .
- —Guest Steve Shearer
Quality Cusomer Service!
- As a web hosting reseller, it is crucial for my hosting provider to provide excellent customer service. I am considering leaving my current hosting provider because they have failed in the past year to provide adequate explation as to why the shared server had so many issues that resulted in down time and, more seriously, how it is that three of the sites I host were security breached and compromised for illegal purposes. Without that explanation, I cannot inform adequately my clients how this occurred let alone how to prevent its reoccurance. So, yes, top-notch customer services is most important followed by adequate resources for a fair price, reliability, and certain software feathers, ease of support/billing contact, responsiveness (order depends on immediate need ;) )
Most Important Aspects...
- For me it is NOT having forced ads of any kind. Next would be how much web space is offered and of course how much bandwidth. Good support is always a plus! I would like to plug my host - http://igchosting.com/ They are THE BEST! Beth
- I hate waiting in a queue for service. Even worse is a host that has no phone support at all, just a "Trouble Ticket" service.
uptime and more
- Here are the Most Important Aspects of a Web Hosting Provider according to my experience: 1. Uptime and prompt, knowledgeable support 2. Value - who needs to pay more than necessary? 3. Robust equipment with reliable connections and page loads 4. Permits SSH, ffmpeg and other binary libraries, Subversion is a plus 5. If they make a mistake, they can correct it. 6. Offsite backups