From the article: What is a Webmaster 4
It seems that the term Webmaster means different things to everyone who uses it. Some people think it's the person who has overall authority over a site. Others think a Webmaster is the person who does the maintenance. And there are lots of opinions in between. Share your thoughts
- As big companies develop and websites become more complex, there are more and more industries created between developing, coding and designers. There are only so few "webmasters" out there that can do what they say they can do. To succeed, teach yourself the most you can, and do it yourself. http://www.affordablewebsite.net
- Webmaster is a system admin for web servers that knows HTML and other aspects of the web development. He knows how to solves problems with the server but can look at the code and determent if the problem lies in the server or the code.
- —Guest Jack
I'm a Web Master!
- Even having a Master Degree doesn't mean you know it all. I've create and Design many site using HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery and little PHP from A-Z. Check www.okiasoweb.com
- —Guest Okiaso
- My inquiries into the theories of information science has opened up a vast world to me. As a librarians my skills lead me into positions where I organize information, represent information, help others to access information, help them to locate information, and help them to save and retrieve information among other things. Webmaster and other titles may be cool, but Librarian and information scientist is better
- —Guest SOK-1
Web Designer or Web Developer or what?
- What am I? I design my sites using photoshop, and then I code them using HTML and CSS. I'm currently learning PHP. In terms of coding, this is all I know as of now. So which one am I? Web Designer or Web Developer or is there a different title? By the way, I plan to freelance on this so I want to know a specific title I can classify myself as when I design my business card. (I'm a incoming freshman for college and I am self-taught in computer stuff..) Thank you for your time.
- —Guest Eric
Webmaster is "Webmater"
- I am not saying that mastering the web is Webmaster. I own a website that is http://autospace.co/ and I do developed a few parts but not all but still controlling all things from Server side to Front End. It's a hard but interesting job. BTW I also of 16. :)
- —Guest Aditya Pandey
Master of the Website
- Clearly as the job states, "web master" is somebody who is the master or main controller of the website. I'm a 16 year old web designer (just learned I'm not a webdev.. yet...) and I've been a webmaster on a few sites. I was basically "the boss" or one of them.
- —Guest BrandonCodin
- The person who designs/creates/and utilizes the site.The person who manages the content and structure of the site.
- —Guest lynn
- I do basically all of these things. I 'code' in CSS, HTML, PHP, and can use MySQL pretty well. JS isn't my thing, though
- —Guest Jaxo.
- —Guest Deloris Stapleton
- Some believe that to Master something means there is nothing left to learn. In addition, Master is defined as: a great figure of the past (as in science or art) whose work serves as a model or ideal. That said we are all Website Developers. - Just my opinion.
- —Guest web guy
I want to be webmaster
- I think webmaster being the one who just can handle every problem related to web designing and development. He is expert in designing and development. I want to be one and soon would be.
- —Guest rishabh
- I started web design when I read about it in my Class XIII Computers Subject and then started reading more through Google and now I'm developing websites. Mayank M
- I think of the webmaster as the conductor of an ever playing orchestra. He can see the complete picture and simultaneously give attention to every nuance of the work. Although he may not personally play each note, he is responsible for the overall quality of the performance. This is becoming more true as massive webs require teams of professionals working on design and development aspects. The webmaster is the all-around guy who keeps everything in time and on pitch.
- —Guest James
I'll be a webmaster
- I'm developing the whole thing from zero, have 10 year skill on graphic design and about 6 on html, but you see, webmaster is the one in charge of the site, my company has given me the task to start from nothing, they havent even given me one idea, so i have to get into flash, MLS, IDX and SEO's now.
- —Guest diablorojo
1-15 of 41Next