From the article: Meta Refresh Tag
Meta refresh tags are most often used for redirecting readers to other pages, but they can be used to play games and just reload a current page. Find out how other Web designers are using the meta refresh tag, and get ideas for your own sites. Share Your Ideas
- j9FZnX psdtqjernljj , [url=http://ywvezcybgujn.com/]ywvezcybgujn[/url], [link=http://khdkfqtvbeug.com/]khdkfqtvbeug[/link], http://mvhlbtdbodgo.com/
- —Guest http://wxblishnbhqv.com/
- I use it mostly on access denied or login error pages and send them back to index page
- —Guest Falheim
- —Guest Petah
Can have problem if server goes down
- I use this to keep a server status window refreshed. But this server is not an HA (High Availability) or part of a server pool, so sometimes it has to be rebooted. The problem is the page will then show a 404 error or the like, and will NOT auto refresh when the server becomes available again. This requires manual intervention (hit F5) to fix. Not a problem in most cases but can be an issue if your dependent on that status screen refreshing at a remote location.
- —Guest cosmo
Unique Use of META tag
- If I want music to play in the background, even if the viewer clicks on a link on the page, I create an index.html file that contains this: Frame ALERT! This document is designed to be viewed using Netscape or Internet Explorer Frames feature. If you are seeing this message, you are using a frame challenged browser. where my song plays in the 'coloradoL.html' file and my main content is in the 'coloradoR.html' file. When the 1st song ends, the META tag calls on 'colordaoL2.html', which plays a new song. I can play as many songs as I want this way. EXAMPLE: http://www.billwilliams.org/colorado.html
Thank you page
- I use the redirect on a "Thank You" page that I present to users after they fill in a form. The redirect shows the Thank You page for apx 10 seconds then goes back to home page
- —Guest George
- —Guest stone
- I use a meta refresh tag to load a fresh page every time someone hits it. It saves a LOT of frustration! I don't have to explain a hundred times a day to "press F5 on your keyboard and you will see the changes I made...".
- —Guest Wendy Skains
- I use the META Refresh tag to play a series of songs in the background on a page. I set the refresh time to a few seconds longer than the current song and works beautifully.
- Especially the redirect to another page one! my website is: http://www.kcmartz.com the redirecting page is: http://forum.kcmartz.com => http://www.kcmartz.com
- —Guest kcmartz
I don't use it any more