- According to Google, one needs to consider the following factors regarding any website before planning its optimization: • What people want i.e. what keyword they type for performing search in search engines? • What is available on the net i.e. text on pages? • How well the typed text matches content of your web pages Or the site’s online reputation? Website SEO Tips
- —Guest Ashish Sharma
SEO free tools
- I used "Web SEO" software to help to get all my SEO effort organized and structured for my web site. I think we did pretty good on together. Go to www.webseo.com
- I have to say keywords, and phrases work the best along with the site map. www.emmasgraphics.net
- —Guest Emma's Graphics
- every one wanted to get indexed by major search engines, the best way to do it is to advertise your site on classified ads, this is the best thing according to me to get noticed by giant search engines
- —Guest muddaseraltaf
- It takes work. Submissions of articles, videos, and blog commenting works for me.
www and non www rewrites
- Use some research and rewrite your non www to www. because the duplicate page may decrease your ranking factors. i worked this and working perfectly - www.hangar17.com
- —Guest Hangar17
Use your head
- Everything listed above is a no-brainer. However, what I haven't seen yet is: Use your head! Seriously, take a minute and think before you upload your revisions to your host. Do you really need all of those pretty banners to all of those other great offers? Do you really need all of those outbound links to your 500 different blogging accounts? Don't get in such a hurry! Kevin
- —Guest Kevin
Meta Description Tweeks
- Focus target key phrases 2 times in Meta description and keep it meaningful without a feel of stuffing :)
- —Guest Jag (@jagadeeshmp)
- The number of cross links to/from other high quality sites greatly affects page rank.
- —Guest James
- Yes, we found that submitting your XML sitemap tp Google can get your site indexed within hours. http://web-design-miami.com/
- —Guest miami web design company
Content and Backlinks
- I formed an organization, because I had a burning desire to help resolve problems related to the Temple Mount in Israel. http://www.3rdtemplebill.org . Without a single thought about page rank, I began making contact, and getting published on crucial blogs and websites/directories working on this problem. Eventually, my site was listed in a UNESCO information portal. The result has been a humble, but progressive, PR3 on most pages. My moral - develop content and backlinks related whatever is unique about your website!
- —Guest Boruch Fishman
Sitemaps work for me
- since the use of XML sitemaps paired with google webmaster tools, I have taked many websites much higher than expected. Evan http://www.evanwatkinswebdesign.com
- —Guest Evan
work hard work hard
- there is no substitute for hard work find good sites ,tools,content and keep on updating them.
- —Guest heidi
Takes a lot more than one tip
- There are about 27 different variables that work together for effective SEO. The most important ones include: keyword research, using keywords in the title tag and meta description tag, using keywords naturally and not excessively in the on-page text, building good quality inbound links. The on-page SEO will tell the search engines what your web pages are about and building up inbound links will increase your web site's "popularity" among other sites with similar content and eventually, if all done correctly and ethically, propel your web site to the first page and possibly the top of the search results. Do not: link to sites with link farms or those with unrelated content; do not stuff keywords into your text or title tag or meta tags.
- Write clear, useful, well-organized, well-written, regularly updated content for humans NOT search engines.
- —Guest Marilyn
- For many years I beat my head against a wall trying to get search engines to recognise mixed content - some HTML, most delivered from a database. The advent of Google XML sitemaps and auto discovery using robots.txt for the other majors has made the whole process simple. And Google indexes content much quicker.
Previous16-32 of 32