If your Linux Apache Web server is started, you can stop and restart it with just a couple of steps.
Time Required: 1 minute
- Login to your Web server machine using SSH or telnet.
- Su to root.
- Run the apache control program:
- You can also run the apache control program in this way:
- graceful reloads the configuration files and gracefully restart. Any current connections are allowed to complete.
- restart reloads the configuration files and restarts. Any current connections are terminated immediately.
- If the server isn't running, these commands will start it up.