Once you've created an XML sitemap, you want to make sure that the search engines see it and index your site. Learn how easy it is to submit an XML sitemap to Yahoo!
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Create an XML Sitemap. You can create an XML sitemap by hand, or use an XML sitemaps generator to do it for you.
- Login to your Yahoo! account and go to Yahoo! Site Explorer.
- Add your site to Yahoo! by filling in your URL and clicking on Add My Site. Be sure to validate that you are the owner. You need to validate the site in order to submit a sitemap.
- Click on your site URL and then on the feeds link in the right column.
- Type in the URL of your sitemap, and leave the drop-down as "Web Site Feed". Click Add Feed.
- Yahoo! will check the sitemap and begin indexing your site as soon as it's determined the sitemap has no errors.