A wireframe is a visual representation of a website. It allows designers and developers to present proposed functions, graphic elements, structure, and content of a website with simple line drawings.
A website wireframe typically consists of:
- placeholders for branding elements
- general layout locations of key elements like header, footer, content columns, navigation
- placeholder images and content
- a site map that shows where different pages might live on the site
- additional pages to show how interior pages might change
- simple workflow for interactive elements