The Bottom Line
- 600 GB of hosting space
- 2,500 POP3 email accounts
- MySQL, PHP 4 & 5, SSI
- CGI-BIN, Perl support
- As low as $6.95/month
- Their recent transition to vDeck 3.0 has been a disaster for one of my customers.
- There are now hosting companies offering 300 GB hosting space for $3.95/month!
- Talking to tech support involves a long wait.
- Tech Support's response to email is unsatisfactory, i.e. slow.
- Chating "live" with tech support also is very slow.
- Price: $1-$10 per month
- Type of Provider: Standard Web Hosting
- Operating System: UNIX
- Server Software: Database, Perl, Streaming media, Blogs
- Analytics / Statistics: Yes
Guide Review - iPower - Web Hosting Customer Review
Description - Services Provided
iPower.com has been a very good hosting provider. I use them and I have sent four clients to them for hosting. They provide 600GB for as low as $6.95/month, 2,500 POP3 email accounts, and all the other features one has come to expect from a hosting company. Very good web stats are provided, daily backups, and 24/7 tech support is also provided. Four years ago they were the cheapest provider with the most features I could find.
iPower.com's recent transition to the vDeck 3.0 platform has not gone well. I have one client who had an extensive PHP guest book and since the transition, the guest book does not work….at all! And I'm still waiting for tech support to fix it. Also, vDeck 3.0 does NOT provide any means to create a hit counter! That feature has been available in previous versions of vDeck and on cPanel for years. And again, their tech support has yet to fix that.
This review was not written by the About.com Guide to Web Design/HTML. Please remember that reviews are the opinion of the reviewer only, if you have a different opinion of the service please feel free to submit your own review.